Gaudi Lived Here


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
October 22nd 2005
Published: October 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

So we´re in Barcelona and have seen a lot of stuff. Today we went to Gaudi´s Utopia or Park Guell. Its a big park with lots of crazy sculptures and paths with unusual pillars. It´s also the home of the famous mozaic lizard, which we almost walked past! We spent a couple of hours there in the hot Spanish Sun, and then went back into the city centre for lunch. After having lunch we went in search of Foodballs. I bought some new Campers yesterday and got a voucher for 2 pairs of foodballs. We really didn´t know what they were but had to find out. When we finally found the place we were pleasantly surprised.
I got 4 different flavors. The first was Tofu and Seaweed, which was Tofu, covered in sticky rice and seaweed to form a ball. The second was vegetable, grated carrot and beetroot covered in rice and rolled in a dark brown tasteless powder of some sort (maybe breadcrumbs). I also had a date one, which was a sticky piece of date covered in a mixture of rolled oats, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds. And Amanda chose a muffin one that was basically a spherical carrot muffin, i ate most of it though.
They were all very nice, look on www.camper.com to see what i´m going on about.
In the metro at one of the stations there was a Jamaican man challenging people to games of speed chess, he reckons that he was 4th in Jamaica or something. One guy played against him whilst we were there and gave a good game though lost on time. The Jamaican man was so fast though!
Tomorrow night we head to Milan, where we may not find internet access to easily, so we may be offline for a while.
Till next time,
Adios from Ryan and Amanda.

Advertisement



27th November 2005

Food Balls
Those food balls don't look so appetizing, however I would like to go to Barcelona and try them!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb