Frejus


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
October 18th 2005
Published: October 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

So we left Nice for Frejus where the bike race, the Roc D´Azur, was held. We found our hostel fine with some help from a friendly busdriver, but when we got there found that it had stupid opening hours and we had to wait for 3 hrs before we were allowed to go in, once in it was pretty shabby. The general consensus from all of the other people staying there was, its cheap, you get what you pay for, and at 13 euros per night it was dirt cheap.
Each day we walked the 3.5 kms to the "Base Nature" which was the venue for the Roc, it was a big grassy area with an undercover section next to the beach. We had a good time over the next 4 days seeing all the stands, mixing with the Vario guys, and watching the BMX, 4X and Trials Demos. The weather was quite nice and we even managed to get sunburnt, unfortunatly its quite hard to find sunscreen over here. We met some interesting characters in our hostel, Roger and John, who were from Wales. Roger raced in the 57km Roc and came 3rd last out of around 3000 after he decided to have and picnic for a little over an hour and eat all his food and drink all his water. They were both quite funny though and had lots of stories to share. We left Frejus yesterday and got the train, after a 1 and a bit hour delay, to Montpellier and then to Barcelona, Spain. We went out for a while this morning and were pleasantly surprised to find many English speakers, which makes life much easier. Our hostel is a little on the pricey side (20euros) but is very nice, clean and has a different breakfast (in France we got cereal, juice, and baguette with jam, here we get a crossant, little cold toast things with jam, juice) and the internet is free, hence the long post. Unfortunately i cant upload photos from here though. We saw the cathedral by Gaudi this morning and will surely see more of his works before we leave in 4 days. Campers (Moroccan shoes) are even cheaper here(only 100 euros) so i think i will get some.
I´ll probably update in the next couple of days so till then,
Adios

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb