Espana, Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
August 28th 2005
Published: August 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Las RamblasLas RamblasLas Ramblas

Full of flowers, tourists, street performers etc...kinda like Rundle Mall on a massive scale.
What is the best thing to do when recovering from heat stroke....write a blog to all the folks back home suffering through winter!

Arrived in Barcelona last night after a turbulent flight from hell but made it to my hostel after train and metro rides later. Stayed up until the very weee hours talking with two Scot girls from Inverness, now teaching in Edinburgh. It was too hot to sleep anyway.

Ok so sunday is truly a day of rest over here as no shops open (except the souvenir ones) and everyone heads to the beach. So after wandering through the Gothic region of the Old City, down Las Ramblas, I made my way to the beach and joined all the topless locals getting some rays. After a few hours of that much needed sun I got well and truly lost in the Gothic region again, so I hoped on the metro and made my way to the Sagrada Familia. Designed by Gaudi and not to be completed until the anniversary of his death in 2026 it was a very strange sight to see.

The people watching in Spain is great. I am heading off to the Boqueria
Gothic AreaGothic AreaGothic Area

Stunning buildings on every corner.
market tomorrow for an adventure and then back to regain my patch of sand and sun.

I hope you are all well.
Take Care
xxx Tania




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Happy snaps at the Four SeasonsHappy snaps at the Four Seasons
Happy snaps at the Four Seasons

After a few bevs at the recent work dinner in Mayfair, London.


Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb