Barcelona Day 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 29th 2007
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another good day today lots of site seeing mixed with a fair amount of chillaxing didn’t get to see the American dudes again which was a shame, planning on keeping in touch though. Emz and I set off today in search of the Gothic area, which we came across eventually after muchos wandering; I hadn’t been to this area before. So much to see here, the whole place is flooded with fantastic architecture, museums and…other stuff. The most impressive though was definitely the Barcelona Cathedral, which we managed to get into for free, just before it closed, which was nice. Pretty crazy inside, very impressive. Lots of buskers around as well and unlike in England where our buskers are all bums, these guys were damn good. The best was definitely a couple of guys next to the cathedral , one playing…..I want to say a clarinet…..the other playing some crazy steel instrument called a hang?? Good Stuff!!
Next we headed off to Parc Guell, which despite its name doesn’t actually have any grass…bastards. It was great, even though we had to climb a hideously large hill to get to it, aided slightly by some escalators, heh. The park is littered
Bari GoticBari GoticBari Gotic

Some gothic building built on an old roman wall
with Guadi stuff. There was this huge courtyard with seats around the edges all in his style. The actually yard is artificial and is supported by loads of columns. Emz and I had an ice-cream and I also had a cold one, man that beer was good. We went underneath it after, really cool down there, temperature wise, we chilled (get it) and listened to a flamenco guitarist, blasting out some classics such as Romanza.
After this we headed back to the hostel for a much need snoozet, then we wandered off down La Rambla, taking in all of its crazyness. Including human statues, spray painters, dancers and lots of other crap. Just went for a major stomp towards the beach. On the way we stopped off and listened to another busker . These guys were playing Santana, really well as well.
We decided to have a dinner tonight and didn’t do too bad for ourselves, managed to find a place that wasn’t too expensive but was in a really nice area, in some kind of courtyard thing. Had a good meal and a large jug of Sangria mmmm…sangria. Then I had some cider in an Irish pub, CIDER!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Emz and I at Bari GoticEmz and I at Bari Gotic
Emz and I at Bari Gotic

We didn't tip here I think the dude was pissed off, said cheapo English or something, come on were student travellers what do you expect!!
The HillThe Hill
The Hill

This is the shitting hill we had to walk up to get to the park
A viewA view
A view

Emz and I at the top of the park, the Sagrada is in the background
Emz like gaudiEmz like gaudi
Emz like gaudi

Shes not pregnant its her money belt, lol
Sea Point HostelSea Point Hostel
Sea Point Hostel

This is where I met Britta for the first time last time I was in Barcelona
and Ciderand Cider
and Cider

.....In a Guiness glass


3rd July 2007

Noice Whan!
Hey dude. Hope you're having a wicked time. I'm fully-recouperated now(!) and backl at work. boo. Although I've only got two weeks, and then I'm off to spain myself, with Sarah and her mum and dad. They have a place a few hours south of Barca. Can't wait to just suck up the sun and sit in a pool. And drink San Miguel!!!! Take it easy dude. In a bit.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb