Market, Gaudi, Relax, and drinks.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

This was my mission to head to the market first thing in the morning at 7 am sharp. Well mission one failed. Slept till 9 and then headed out, ok so a little lateness is allowed, ok? Went to the Mercat La Boqueria which is a indoor produce and meat market. They had alot of good looking stuff and reminded me a bit of the Tsukiji fish market in Japan. Also, pertaining to any girl or someone who really appreciates pastrys, there were some good looking pastry shops in the area. Some looked too good to eat, even i got some pastries to try and was getting hooked before i slapped my hand from trying to order everything in this bakery. The counter girl kept giving me free samples and was attempting to speak english with me. We talked for a bit but i had to get out of there because i was going to fill up on damn pastry´s!

I had lunch at a small place near by in which i had some Halibut with roasted tomatos. Was pretty good and talked to a Australian guy who kinda looked and acted like Michael Caine. He spoke perfect spanish with an australian accent which was rather weird... We had a couple drinks then headed out to see the La Sagrade Familia. Which is the cathedral that was designed by Antoni Gaudi. It´s still being built and has been ongoing for hundred years and is about 20 or more years away from completing. It´s pretty cool, very different. I unfortunately can´t post pictures since i couldn´t get them off my computer here but very good. Anyways, been walking forever afterwards looking for this funeral horse carriage museum that sounded cool but to never find it, damn! So, headed back to the hotel in defeat and to rest since i have been walking pretty steady for 5 hours around the place. So, get back to the room and decide to iron some shirts and get an iron from the reception but no board... Ok, so i ironed on the top part of the desk... Hey, first time for everything. Got a glass of Johnny and headed to a small balcony to watch the sun set and relax... Around 10 (most spanish don´t eat dinner till around 10 or 10:30) headed out and found another cool tapas place that was run by a chinese women but as i talked to the people in their, they were all locals and said her tapas were the best. They were quite good as i hung out a table with 3 guys around my age that live in the area. We drank and took shots of some chinese wine/sake (it tasted, ok). So we all got hammered and i got to the hotel around 2. Good way to end a day in Barcelona...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb