Last day in Spain and it rains ...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 13th 2005
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

So today is my last full day in Spain, I leave for the UK tomorrow, and it rains. The day is not cold, but dawn was cloudy, and the sky dark, you could smell rain in the air. Felt a bit humid like Auckland.

Went to the Parc Güell, and what a difference going there at 830am on a Monday morning makes, hardly anyone arround.

Later ... Luckily had my best Peruvian raincoat because it started to rain. This did not seem to deter either the locals or tourists on the streets, still seemed pretty crowded, especially La Rambla.

Went to San Josep Market, the colours of the fruit and vegetables were great on a gray day.

Also took a side street off La Rambla in search of another market, San Antoni Market, which is even bigger than San Josep. Finally got there, and it was just as crowded as San Josep, but had heaps more locals, and very few touristy people. Even though it did not appear to be in full swing it had even more variety of fruits, vegetables, fish, meat, bread, dried fruits, teas, canned foods, semi prepared foods etc. etc. than San Josep, also had a clothing market around the sides of the food market... Didn´t take any photos inside as I thought that it would kind of break the spell a bit ...

After lunch of a bocadillo de queso bought at one of the markets, went towards the harbour to take a couple of photos of the Christopher Columbus statue but it was not really a nice day for it. (Along the way, I spotted a couple of people, who I met on the walking tour in Granada, (Jeff and his wife from Tirau, unfortunately did not get to talk to them), another amazing coincidence.)

Headed back to the hostel to do the boring stuff, like washing, and of course the sun started to come out.

Want to see more photos?

Have a look at my website here: http://www.firemanonasailingship.com/photos/





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb