Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
November 21st 2023
Published: November 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Disembarked our ship in Barcelona and were rapidly transported to The Corner Hotel, a 4 star hotel in the middle of the city. Barcelona is basically a huge grid of one way boulevards with wide pavements so traffic flows easily. It is also easy to walk around .We walked to the Sagrada Famiglia, the famous Cathedral by Gaudi which is still unfinished. Sadly the only way to get in is by ordering tickets on line and despite both of us trying on different phones we could not succeed so could not visit this time. We weren't the only ones who were disappointed. What a stupid system! Later we ventured out to a local Tapas bar for dinner and then another little bar for a late night cap. Did a lot of walking!

On day 2 we took a taxi to the Miro Foundation, where there was a superb Miro/Picasso exhibition. Great to see these two artists compared and contrasted.

After took the Funicular up to Mont Juic for views over the city. Could have walked back but we came back in the funicular and taxied back down into town to the road where Gaudi had decorated the facades of the buildings. Had a very pleasant Tapas lunch here before walking back to the hotel.

Apologies for lack of photos but had complete upload failure!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb