Sagrada Familia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 11th 2005
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Went to the Sagrada Familia, via La Rambla and various stops on the Metro. Amazingly ran in to Chris from hostel in Granada, had coffee with him after wandering around the San Josef Market, fish, meat, fruit, vegetables ... heaps of variety. (However, I saw someone serving fish smoking a cigarette, don´t know if this is typical in Spain for people involved in food handling to be smoking over the food, but it puts you off a bit.)

Finally got the the Sagrada Familia, 8 Euro to get into what is at a practical level is a construction site, albiet a pretty amazing one. You also get to see a museum about the Cathedral which gives you some idea of Gaudi´s vision, plans, models, etc. Will prettty amazing when it´s finished. (When I was in the museum I bumped into someone who was in the hostel in Córdoba, another wierd coincidence!)

Anyway got to climb up one of the towers of the cathedral and took a few photos from there, but it was really crowded like the rest of the place, and the climb was pretty slow, only had limited photo opportunites.

After getting lost on the metro for a bit, made it to the funicular to go up to Montjuïc. Unfortunately the cable car part was closed for renovation. Walked upto the Musuem of Art of Catalunya, but was a bit tired by this time and did not feel like wandering around a museum. However, in front of the museum is a place where you can look over the Plaça de Espanya. Took a few photos of this, and will probably try and go back later on when it is dark to have a look at the fountains which are supposed to be lit up at night.

Night on Montjuïc

Went back to look at the fountains at night on Montjuïc. Really good. First they start the fountains about 9pm, and then as it gets dark, the light the main one up with different colours. The pattern of water and light changes. Then about 930pm and every half hour after that, the play some music, and I think the idea is for the light and water to match the music. Really good. Gave up trying to take photos, too many people, and couldn´t really hold camera still for long enough. Just stood and watched and show.

Want to see more photos?

Have a look at my website here: http://www.firemanonasailingship.com/photos/





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ceiling of Sagrada FamiliaCeiling of Sagrada Familia
Ceiling of Sagrada Familia

Possibly representing trees.


Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb