oh hey spain!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » La Rambla
May 29th 2011
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

well i have been slacking on these posts due to lack of internet connection. however, spain has been surprisingly wonderful. with copious amounts of sangria and tapas... life is good. don't mind my grammar...as i am well into my third glass of sangria as we speak. when we arrived in madrid we stayed with our lovely couch-surfing hosts martin and izzy. they are a young married couple from georgia and north carolina who have been here a few years teaching english. they completely exceeded my expectations by taking us to bars....showing us all of the tourist attractions and cooking us dinner. they are lovely people and right now they are planning their own back packing trip through eastern europe. so i wish them luck!

spain is lovely. the women and men are absolutely beautiful. but seriously....if you are a single woman...you should never move to spain and expect to find a boyfriend (unless you look like a model....because the competition is outrageous!!!!) and men, if you fancy staring at drop dead gorgeous women all day...spain is your place!

however, the people are rude!!!! apparently their actions are not rude to them.... but man, these people will bump into you....push you down...and walk all over you without blinking an eye. the whole please, thank you, excuse me thing completly evades them!

also, these people party hard.....and i completely cannot hang. they are out until 7 am.....going to clubs...getting drunk....by 1 am just call me a zombie and put me to bed...but even the old grannys in this country are out and about!....it really makes me feel ashamed : (

and now...after a debackle at the train station in madrid....we made it onto the high speed train to barcelona...and are now at a pretty lovely hostel in the middle of the city. when people tell you 'oh they speak english everywhere, don't worry' be careful not to fully rely on this....because where it matters most....'at the train station....in the airport' they do not always speak english...as we unfortunately found.

alas, we are in barcelona...we cannot for the life of us find a couch surfing host...so we are using our preciously and precisely saved money on a room which is shared completely by men...changing their underwear right in my presence!!!.....

so now i am drunk off sangria...writing to you guys! sadly i do not have my camera nearby to post pictures....but if you are friends with my boyfriend josh on facebook....he has been posting pictures on the sight pretty rapidly so check it out!

adios!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb