5* sleeping


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » La Rambla
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a good day until about 10pm. We started off the day nice and early with the complimentary breakfast from the hostel. I went into the common room and saw a basket of bread, i asked ´wheres the food?´ and that was it apparantly so that kept me going for a few solid hours. We headed to the notre dame cathedral and walked around in true quasimodo style. Realising we had nothing to do for 10 hours, we sat through a service, cari getting really involved. We then went to le louvre. Quite nice, sat down for a few hours and checked out the local talent which was absolute zero. Starving, we went so a small, off the beaten track traditional restaurant. We got really into the cuisine with a starter of french onion soup but the british mannerisms came in place with the steak and frites main course. On a budget, that was then enough food until today. The train departed at 10pm for barcelona. As we booked our seats quite early, we managed to get good positions, soon overpowered by the fact we were sat next to 2 serbian refugees who snored and bantered at innapropriate hours. 15 hours later, we arrive in the beautiful city of barcelona. After deciding sight seeing would be rude at 30 degrees, we headed to an afternoon on the beach where i basked in my lovely extra short pink swimshorts. After a few hours sleep and a cheese and salami baguette for dinner, we are going to try our luck with a drum n bass club in las ramblas with a lovely bottle of 3 euro cava we found in the local spar!
love from barca
Ed
x

Advertisement



22nd July 2010

love the update
breakfast sounds like a scene from Oliver .Glad your taking in the local culture, are you going to give the locals a few notes in the cathedral.Lovely to hear from you today glad your safe have fun love you xxxxxx

Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb