Day 28 - Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
July 17th 2016
Published: July 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Up at sparrows apart this morning. On tour again.....

Wake up call at 0600, 0602, and 0604. Finally hung up the phone to kill the wake up calls. Then alarm goes off at 0620 so up and at em......

Today we have an early start to go to Monteresso, a rocky outcrop about 30 km out of Barcelona. Nice drive out of town and into the hills. Lots of normal tour guide stuff about the countryside, etc. but then we hit the hills. Winding roads with sheer drop offs out my window, luckily I trust our driver.

Get to the top and park the bus with not too many around. Tour guide is happy. Wander up to the cathedral and check it out. Very impressive with lots of gold dressing around the church. Wander out and back to the bus. we go back a different route, other side of the mountain. Lots to see but by the time we get back, a tad sleepy.

No rest as we nowmstart our next tour. La Famikia Sagrada - the majestic basilica designe by Gaudi And still being built as we speak..... Huge edifice and even mor amazing inside. Our guide is really good with explaining the way it has been built and why windows are coloured differently in either side to get the best result of the sun for both sides of the building.

Out eventually and food, then onto the next stop which is the old town.... Wander around and then back to the hotel before our evening tour of the Olympic area and the port vicinity. Nice dinner with our new besties, Tony and Linda, our restaurant friends.

Onto the majestic fountains which are a color show of water spouts, etc. then back home. Bit buggered but a good day.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb