Day 27 - Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
July 16th 2016
Published: July 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Ahh, a new city to explore. Up and do the streets earlyish, then back to arrange if we have to move our room. After a few queries, a manager comes out and says he has spoke tomthe tour director and all is organised. We stay in the same room. Bonus..... Arrange new cards which last for the 3 days and all is good, just a reminds tpompaybthis bill for the first night when we check out. Easy.

Do chats with Stephanie and Jessica, Chris and the kids to find out how the move went. All good by the sounds of things and Stephanie is happy so that is the main thing. She sounded tired, and we just got the kids after their showers and ready for bed so timing was good. All happy there which makes it easier to enjoy what we are doing.

Out for a bite then off to the hop on hop,off bus routine. Find a little hole in the wall, get fresh OJ, hand made lemonade coffee and the traditional ham and cheese rollls to eat. Yum.

The bus stop is just across the road. We get there and a bus is waiting, get our tickets, books of vouchers, maps and tour directions. Way too much stuff to comprehend. Upstairs and settled, when Chris says her speakers don't work. Tries a few others but too luck. Eventually we share mine, when imfinallynget anothe set to work in English. All good now.mwe do Barcelona to death on 2 separate routes. Very good commentary and the sights are amazing.

Their architecture is stunning and way over the top in many places. We will visit the cathedral tomorrow but from the outside it is complete overkill in design, etc.

Finally get back tot he hotel around 1700 and meet our tour director. Seems a bit formal but that is usual for the first day. Up to the room to freshen up and then back down by 1800 for our welcome dinner, etc. into the lobby, lots of strange faces - of course. Who do you talk to first. We sidle up to a couple who it turns out are from Kew. Italian descent and very Italian still. Turns out thatbTony started as a tailor, then opened his first restaurant in Lygon St many years ago, and has since had lots... Nice couple and very easy to talk to. And guess what, they live on the corner of Barkers Rd and Walsh St. Couldn't remember uncle George or Aunty Rhoda but we may be able to clear that up when we can talk in quieter circumstances.

Dinner was a Tapas night, lots of little tidbits. Met some other Melbourne and NSW people. And bugger me, one was a hawthorn supporter. Started bragging about how Clarkson was so good that all his protégés have gone to other clubs. I asked her where he had come from before he started coaching. Hmm, silence. Melbourne of course. That shut her up........

Dinner done and back for an earlyish start tomorrow. And so it begins. Luckily we don't have bags out till the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.365s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb