Road Trip update


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Salamanca
November 6th 2010
Published: November 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Road Trip Update


After the shaky first night we settled into a great trip! DAY TWO - we drove about 340km's to a tiny mountain village called Alquezar. After a 2 hour walk around the city and up to the lookout we returned to our campsite (a beautiful camp ground and we were the only one's there for €16). We relaxed and cooked up pasta for dinner then I crashed early at only 9.30pm!! haha. DAY THREE - we made a slow start to the day and only got on the road at 10.30am. We set off not really knowing where to go... we ended up choosing a scenic windy road and a town called Vitoria. We drove about 350km's. In Vitoria we found the tourist info centre and discovered while there were no camp grounds, there was a legal place to park campervans/motorhomes. We knew we found the place when we saw an open car park and about 20 motorhomes parked there!! Unfortunately there were no other campers to mingle with but I contacted a friend of a friend and she recommended a street of bars where all the locals make their way from bar to bar and a small wine was only €1 with a free small tapa!! It was great fun making our way along the road of bars. I have more days to tell you about but not enough time!!!.... Lots of love, Laura. PS The weather is on our side... beautiful and sunny every day!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb