Sept 26


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » León
October 4th 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sept 26

Awoke 6am to loud banging on our door.This lady is yelling in Spanish and the only thing I understood was the name of the last place we stayed in.Apparently Aiden still had the key and they wanted it back,not sure why at 6 am though.So we were up and it was cold and damp.Met Dan and Mercedes,she wasn't feeling well,lot of people getting colds.We decided to take the bus to Leon,good idea as it turned out,the weather was miserable.

Leon was uneventful,big city.Saw 1 church,then beer and pizza.

Sept 28

Left late again,packs still heavy and I did dump some stuff,only to find Aiden had been getting rid of stuff for awhile.Smart guy.Cloudy and cool but no wind.We walked 15kms but it was slow going.The town was called Hopital de Orbigo in a place called San Miguel.The guy supplied paints for anyone feeling artsy and then he would hang them up.Some of the paintings were amazing,really talented people.We are finding there seems to be a lot of people involved in the arts ,some form or other.

Sept 29

Continued on to Astorga,but sent my pack on,the weight is obiviously affecting my knee.Lots of up and down today and a bit of a slog into Astorga.Beautiful town,I was really looking forward to this place.But it is Sat and everything closes at 2 pm and does not reopen like other days.Got our laundry done at the Albergue which was nice of them seeing we weren't staying there.My knee is too sore to go out anyway.Aiden browsed a bit and found a store open to buy a fleece.He came back with cheese,grapes,apple,bread,wine and chocolate.God love him,it was perfect,just what I needed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb