Uphill to Fromista


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Fromista
September 28th 2014
Published: September 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today began in the dark at 7.30am, after waking the hotel owners to pay our bill. Trudging out of town it began to rain as we ascended the steepest part of todays walk, 3300ft. With pochos on it became a battle as to whether we were wet from the rain or perspiration. However from there on the journey was very pleasant through various types of farmland, beside rivers, over an old Roman built bridge, to irrigation canals. Part of the journey we shared with a mother and son from Canada. He is a postman, she a semi retired realtor who loves to travel and has walked most major walks of the world.

David & Kathy are a couple from Minnesota; he is a Pastor in a Presbyterian church, but used to minister in Fontana. Tonight we are in a lovely hotel, and shared dinner with a lady from Alaska, a nurse, and another from Austin Texas, a professor at a University. Great discussion which included how best to look after yout feet - a major topic with all pilgrims. The pharmacists along the way are experts at getting people's feet operating again. They are more like doctors because they take time to look at people's feet then diagnosing appropriate treatment,

Speaking of feet, I want to thank everyone praying for mine & my legs, back etc. God has been so good, I have not had a blister - hot, tired feet yes, but they have been good. We are about out of wanting to see many more churches or cathederals, although most go back 100's of years, they tend to be the same, but I suppose we will end up visiting more. To think some have been up for 800 years or more, that makes them a little older than Pastor J.T. :-), :-).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



28th September 2014
P1050662

photo p1050662
What a great photographer you are turning into! Makes me want to go in person to see what you are seeing! You may end up changing careers yet?
28th September 2014

G'day From Oz!
Hey Daryl! We have just discovered your blog, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it! Made us laugh a lot! But what an experience for you to enjoy! Thanks for sharing it with us. We have just returned from a week and a half in Esperance with our family - Tayla has returned home after her 6 months with YWAM and we just loved seeing how God has moved in her life, given her a focus, and brought healing and purpose and amazing giftedness to her. He is so good! We had a lot of fun with Muz and Gayle and the girls in our short time with them. Just want to say our feet feel fine today, our backs are good, and we aren't feeling too old (or even ancient!) either, so maybe when you return from your pilgrimage - if you are still alive - you could come and recuperate here with us!! We even have a BIG bed you could sleep in and your whole body would remain in it all night!! Now that's an invitation that's hard to refuse, hey? Praying for you, Daryl, and looking forward to the next blog! Take care. With our love, Kev and Liz.
2nd October 2014

telephone
Hi Kevin, mate it's so good to hear from you. It's been a great hike so far - stretch me a fair bit. Sorry about the phone number, it was wrong. The correct one is 691958174, I think the country code is 034, but check it first. Trust your feet are better. Thank gour wife for her cheeky comments. Love you both. D

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb