photos to prove I am walking in Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Castrojeriz
September 27th 2014
Published: September 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today has been a beautiful day for walking, we covered another 21kms in warm sunshine & light breeze. Each day we commence with what seems like a walk up "skyline" (Corona residents know it). The fields go on & on, true broadacre farming. Many of the farmers are out plowing the fields with their John Deere tractors.

Yesterday was a special day, at the end we had to be picked up and taken about 3km to our hotel in a very small village (70 people in all). The hotel was modern with one of the best dinners we have had. The surprise though was the visit to the local Catholic church; built in the 15th cent. With an amazing altar. I got to stand in the high pulpit (photo last blog). The lady guidung us has lived all her life in the village. There is another church dating back to the 13th cent. WHICH IS UNDER RENOVATION. We were then taken to the hospital built in the 11th cent. for the pilgrims. It is now a manse for the visiting priest. An interesting point is we shared the hotel with 5 people from Murrietta in California. Who would have thought so remore a place, but we meet people who knew of Crossroads Church.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



27th September 2014

Loving your journey
I'm loving watching your journey Daryl. Praying that God will move and speak to you in might ways!

Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb