Day 3 Logrono to Villafranca Montes d'Orca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Burgos
May 12th 2017
Published: May 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Denis and Bob outskirts of PamplonaDenis and Bob outskirts of PamplonaDenis and Bob outskirts of Pamplona

Our local guide had just dropped us by the river. We'd just met the New Yorker with shin splints, now cycling
We left Legrono at about 7.30 and followed the Camino through the city it wound its way through parks and gardens and then lots of vineyards either side of the trail. I was having some chain issues, seemed mainly lack of oil, then had a flat which involved changing an inner tube; probably valve. We carried on with the trail through the lovely ancient village of Navarrete then moved onto the road at Najera. On the road we made good time passing through Santa Dominica with its glorious cathedral. We lunched at redicilla del Camino just opposite a small but very ornate church. We then made tracks slowly because of what another cyclist described as the 'Devils wind' westerly against us along with the odd rain squall. Villafranca was a decision point; we phoned for accommodation 20 Km further on in Los Arcos but auberges all full, so we took the rooms on offer at about 4.30 pm. Alongside the road so hoping for an early start tomorrow. Had a lovely pilgrims menu meal with local wine topped up by some local shots.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb