Avila Day 1


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Ávila
June 10th 2006
Published: June 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Avila1Avila1Avila1

The awesome wall of Avila, Spain
Took the early train (8:30am) from San Sebastian to Avila. The train wasn´t as nice as the one from Barcelona... no tray table or reclining seats, but it still had movies and a cafeteria. Arrived in Avila about 1:30pm and decided to walk to the hostal in the old city, about a mile or so. Didn´t have much trouble finding the hostal, Hostal Bellas. The hostal is very nice, although again, no internet available. Just been remodeled and our room was pretty and spacious, with our own bathroom/shower, and twin beds ( 😞 ). Took a nice stroll in the afternoon along the top of the wall, with some beautiful views. The Avila was is the oldest complete wall in Spain and I think even Europe. We have to see it from outside at night when it is lit up. Ate tapas for lunch at the Bar El Rincon. Very good, especially the Patatas Bravas (fried potatoes with a delicios tomato sauce). Dinner, after Chata got her fresh fruit, was an excellent plate with a beef filet, fries, fried egg, and a small salad for 6.7Euros, at Bar El Paso. Photos forthcoming I hope.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb