North of Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Cantabria » Santander
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Mercy please 13 secs
Since the last blog the weather (I'm sorry to say!!) has got much better. While in the Pyrenees we had an awesome day that involved a cable car, a chair lift and a 12 mile walk to a glacier and back. The scenery was absolutely fantastic and it was so bizarre to make a snowball while wearing boardies and no top (the males that is!!). It was possibly one of the best days of the hoiliday so far.
The next day Suze and Ben chilled out whilst Jake and I got a cable car upto 2500m and biked back down again. It was quite hard going as we chose to do a 'red' run but it was a good challenge for us both. The only problems were Jake breaking a chain and then (luckily closer to the bottom) going over the handlebars and his bike ending up 15 feet over the edge of a big drop!!!!

We are now in Northern Spain at a place called Noja. The pitch is about 50m from the beach and all we are doing is chilling out on the beach.....just what we needed! I haven't driven for 2 days (ace!!). The surf is not the best but it is good enough. The weather was a little dodgy when we were travelling (rain!!!) but the days since we have been here have got better each day witha forecasted 32 degrees for the next few days. Suze is getting blacker by the hour!!!!

Tomorrow is culture day again and we are off to Bilbao to the Guggenheim (or however it is spelt!). Then back to the beach for the next two days before we head home! We can't believe it is nearly over. We have all really enjoyed it and don't want it to end.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone but not looking forward to reality. Poor Ben has only an afternoon at home before starting at secondary school and I only have another 6 days off before starting working for a living. I don't expect any sympathy by the way!

Love to all. xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0977s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb