Pyrenees (in the rain!)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Lourdes
August 22nd 2008
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

I am sure you will all be happy because it is now raining and has been pretty much for the last 24 hours on and off. It was torrential during the night and we had to keep getting up to make sure that we didnt have a re-run of last time when the awning collapsed!
It is very beautiful though and yesterday when the sun was out it was stunning scenery and we went horseriding. We had a great laugh as Bens horse trotted with him completely out of control and Jake moaned about his family jewels getting crushed!
Today we planned to go for a walk up into the mountains but were rained off so went into Lourdes. What an experience. The place is a weird mix of religion and commercialism and was quite overwhelming! Definitely something worth seeing once in a lifetime. We all felt slightly different about it. The males felt it was quite comical but Suze was quite moved by it. It is a bit like a scene from a movie. The shops sell even more tat than Bels!!! Can imagine Nick J with his humour there!

We arrived here (just south of Lourdes) on Wednesday and were planning to stay until Monday but the weather may change our minds. We are 1000m up in the mountains and it is cold and wet. Hoping when we get to Spain the weather may be a bit better as only another 10 days left before reality kicks back in!!!

Love to all and see you soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb