Cruise - Canary Islands, At Sea


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands
December 6th 2015
Published: January 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

7thDecember



LANZAROTE – Arrecife, Canary Islands



Decided not to do a organised tour today, but rather, would explore the local area with John and Jill who used to live here. (well on the other side of the island). First things first….a café for free wifi…and very strong coffee. A nice little town to explore, plenty of shops if you wanted and things not badly priced as it’s all tax free. We didn’t have long here, so spent the time just walking around looking and enjoying the company. The landscape is very volcanic here, but apparently in the middle of the island is rainforest. Will be nice to come back and explore further one day.







8th December



TENERIFE – Santa Cruz, Canary Islands



Had our own explore around today, not far to walk into town – wanted to post some things home, but it was a bank holiday so the post office wasn’t open. Oh well, we got them packaged up into envelopes at least. Only the shops open and a market area, that took up so many streets – so many market stalls. Went to have a Burrito – wanting some spicy food, but after waiting at least 45mins, paid for our drinks and left – not waiting that long just for a wrap!! However as there are 5 cruise ships in this little island, I guess they’re run off their feet. Walking back to the ship we bumped into John and Jill, right in front of a kebab shop…and what a kebab it was. We shared one and were glad we did as it was huge…and so very tasty. Walked around the little marina on our way back and then just about to board the ship and saw a little post box in a phone shop. We asked if we could post our packages and she held them ….and said…5 stamps. The smaller ones were just 2 stamps. Really hope they actually make it home. Will have to wait and see.



MSC ship left first and we followed soon after. As we were leaving, we blew our horn…and Johnston ship answered with 3 blows in return…followed by Queen Mary II with 3 toots on her horn, and we responded back. So much cheering from the people on the decks and horn blowing…it was an amazing experience.







9th – 14th December



AT SEA



6 days at sea. For Phil and I its all good, but some of the other passengers we talk to are getting a bit of cabin fever. They’ve now put a movie on each day for us, but the movies have been terrible. the first one wasn’t too bad, but it was all downhill from there. Phil and I have been going to the gym each morning and then to the Spa each afternoon…after the movie. We find the days passing very quickly.



We’ve also worked out how to open the partition on our balcony so we’ve done that a few times and shared sundowers with John and Jill. They got gin aboard and we smuggled in some baileys. I don’t think the crew is that bothered about one bottle, as a guy was watching the screen on the xray machine, and we weren’t stopped. However if you tried to bring in heaps of bottles, that might just be a different story.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb