Cruise - Carribean, Antigua


Advertisement
Published: January 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

15thDec



ANTIGUA



So lovely to be back in the Caribbean once more. Sun, sand, beaches and WARM!! Hired a car today with John and Jill and toured round the island. Took them to see Sir Vivian Richards Staduim, then to Devil’s Bridge, went swimming/snorkelling at Long Bay then down to Nelson’s Dockyards. On the way home we stopped off at a beach, just pulled in off the main road and there was a beach….all to ourselves. 2 old local guys were just sitting enjoying the view so I asked if it was ok to swim and after confirmation, Jill and I went for a lovely swim, in clear, warm water (well it was warm once you got used to it). So nice to be swimming again in salt water!! Once back at St John’s – where the ship was docked, we bought a Chicken Roti each..from Roti King…where I remembered having excellent Roti’s last year. Still just as good. First time for John and Jill and they too loved them. Were really looking forward to having some curry, having a bit of spice in our food. Very, very nice.



Back on board by 1600 and departed Antigua by 1700. We called into Jolly Harbour Marina and it really did feel like coming back home. Many times during the day Phil and I wondered why on earth boat was in Europe and we’re now questioning if we really have to explore Europe as intensely as we think we might….when the Caribbean is calling. Then again, the Caribbean will always be here and we do need to see as much as we want before leaving Europe. But so nice to be warm again, waking up early, with the sun….oh bliss!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.538s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb