Loro Parque and Puerto de la Cruz


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
May 25th 2011
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

After we came down from the mountains we reached the city of Puerto de la Cruz. Coming to our next to do point on our list. Visiting Loro Parque. Loro Parque was initially a park for Parrots. During the years it became a big park of many different birds, different plants and sea animals.

We spent some hours by enjoying the lovely park. Especially the shows were above expectations. The cute dolphins and funny seals were nice. The parrot show was excellent. We were quite amazed how they were able to train birds that they can count and many other tricks.

We left satisfied Loro Parque and went to orient a bit the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz. We noticed that the beaches on the north were typical 'volcano beaches', which means that the color of the sand is black. They contain tiny segments of lava.

From the beach we went to the authentic market square, which is just a typical square with a lot of cozy cafe's and restaurants around. Talking about restaurants, we realized that we were still surviving with our breakfast and slowly we should fine a place to have our dinner.

When we were looking for a place, a friendly restaurant owner tried to convince us that his place is very cozy and the food was very good. The restaurant was in a courtyard where more restaurants were located. The most notable one was restaurant 'el Balcon' which was actually some tables and decoration on a balcony in the courtyard. At least they were very creative about the idea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb