Tenerife trip


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
June 27th 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived to a cloudy Tenerife only to find it was cloudy the day after too. However, the rest of the week was hot, quite hot and unbroken sunshine. We stayed at “Parque Santiago 4” in Playa de Las Americas, and the resort itself was quite disappointing considering the amount of people we have heard visit the area before. There is little in the way of a beach and what there is, is the black coloured sand which makes the water appear dirty. Instead, Joshua was happy playing in the hotel pool, as we also had use of the childrens aquapark within the sister hotel “Parque Santiago 3” 100 yards away.

The restaurants nearby sold great food at reasonable prices, although we found ice-creams quite over-priced for what they were. We rented a car and took the 1 hour drive up to the island’s capital Santa Cruz, which in our opinion is not worth the petrol. All we could see were oil refineries and the odd shop here and there. The highlight of this day trip was stopping at an air-conditioned McDonalds on the drive home, that’s how bad the trip out was!

Wasn’t that impressed with Los Christianos either as there was a lot of dog dirt about the place and again, little else to do considering it’s a touristy place.

We also took a trip on the ‘Freebird’ catamaran from Costa Adeje, but be warned with this boat trip as they make you waiting by the quayside in the heat with nowhere to shelter while they load/unload the catamaran with passengers and supplies. They are also intent of trying to sell you a souvenir photo and dvd of your 3 hour boat trip, so bear this in mind if you’re considering taking a trip on their boat. A 3 hour trip costs around £100 for a family of three which is overpriced beyond words, although a buffet lunch and open bar is included. Probably the worst organised boat trip we’ve ever been on in the world.

To sum it up, would we go again to Tenerife? Probably not, and it didn’t help at the Tenerife airport (south) at check-in. Only six check-in desks were open for three Monarch flights back to the UK and we only just made the flight even though we were at the airport almost 3 hours before our flight left.

Roll on Devon and Cornwall.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



27th June 2008

Looks like Josh has lots of fun
Hi Guys, Looks like Josh has a great time even if TFS was a bit if a let down. Some good pics and it looks like you had a good time anyhow. Glad you have returned Joshie, missed him loads. He said he enjoyed his holiday with his nanna and grandad. Roll on the next blog!! Becky xx

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb