Still in Tenerife...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
May 29th 2008
Published: May 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I'm still in Tenerife and enjoying the wonderful volcanic scenery....but there's a particular reason I wanted to stay too:

From the 19 June until the 22nd, Tenerife will convert into a haven for Europe’s golf lovers…or in fact anyone who wants to enjoy the beautiful scenery of this unique Canary Island. The 7th Tenerife Ladies Open Tournament takes place over these exciting 4 days with over 120 players flying in from all over the world including Germany, France, England, India and Australia.
Ladies golf is on the increase and the island of Tenerife is leading the way, putting prize money of 400,000 Euros and investing greatly in its promotion. With it’s fine weather and picturesque scenery, Tenerife golf is arguably a sport for everyone - literally no one could not appreciate the natural landscape which plays as back drop for the tournaments.
The island’s golf clubs see this as great opportunity to promote the island’s sport and hope to inspire many of the spectators to come back to try the unique and challenging courses for themselves…including the stunning Campo Golf del Sur - where Nikki Garret won the 2007 TLO competition.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb