Day 12 Tenerife & El Teide


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
March 27th 2018
Published: March 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 12 Tenerife


Day 12

Today’s port is Santa Cruz in Tenerife (Canary Islands). Our tour is called “The best of Tenerife” The coach was the first one out and with a full load. The MAN coach was 40 feet long with 52 seats. I now have a true appreciation for DeNure Tours luxury coaches and emphasis on leg room. This coach is meant for tiny people. Spanish law states that you must have your seat belts on. It didn’t matter much to me because I was wedged in so tight that if there was an accident they were going to have to use the jaws of life to get me out.

Driving along the coast, the tour guide, Laura was a full length movie that was talking constantly about flora, fauna, history, language and economics. Our first stop was a rest stop half way up the mountain. El Teide. We thought we were a long ways up the mountain….. The purpose was to show us the pine forest which apparently is immune to forest fires. The trees survive the fire????

Continuing on to the National Park on El Teide we cleared the tree line and were well above the clouds.

Kathleen, don’t know how you handled Machu Pichu but we were winded walking the short distance from the coach to the restaurant at the high elevation. 3800 M above sea level. The highest mountain in Spain.



This entry is an oops entry - thought it had been sent - blaming the bad internet on the ship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Laura & a special cactusLaura & a special cactus
Laura & a special cactus

Tour guide detailing how this cactus loses its foliage every season
Lava fieldLava field
Lava field

Looks like a moon scape


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb