The "Killer Hike" - Part 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country
June 6th 2015
Published: June 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A rainy startA rainy startA rainy start

To a long climb
After a pretty rough night in a room with 10 people and a couple of extra-loud snorers, I set off from Orisson in a misty rain and fog. This was actually brilliant as a) it was cool and b) you couldn't see much of the climb ahead until you were right into it : ). Once again, the climbing was slow and difficult, but the views were incredible! There were two "cols" on this hike (" the lowest point of a ridge between between two peaks") and the climb over each col was breathtaking! Walked with 2 Irish pilgrims and laughed a lot!

After about 19 km of pretty demanding hiking, we reached Roncessvalles. The hostel is in an old monastery and it was pretty neat! The "dorms" slept about 75 people per dorm room, so you could hear people snore in many languages!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Col de LepoederCol de Lepoeder
Col de Lepoeder

Elevation : 1450 meters
Help!Help!
Help!

With Rachel from Ireland
Finally...Finally...
Finally...

Roncessvalles ! : )
Albergue at Roncessvalles Albergue at Roncessvalles
Albergue at Roncessvalles

Modern beds in an ancient building


9th June 2015

Hey Lynda, you are amazing, I think of you often and wonder how you are doing.. my daughter ran the mud hero run in Ottawa and she said there was a man behind her saying common you can do it... And I thought of you.. You are my hero!
9th June 2015

?
Thank you, Judy - I appreciate your encouragement and kind words! I'm no hero, though, just taking this one step at a time, and meeting some pretty incredible folks from al over the world. I am very fortunate to be here. I hope you are enjoying yourselves in the Yukon - your pictures are lovely!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb