A night of PS I love You


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
December 2nd 2009
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kayla, Danielle, and I watched PS I Love You for the first time tonight and i think that we cried from the very beginning of the movie to the very end. It was so sad! Haha, although i know all of you boys out there totally dont understand it, it was a great girls bonding night for us. We ended up staying up late and just talking about our lives and our secrets and such. It was fun and the crying was cleansing lol. We decided on this particular movie because of my trip to Ireland that is coming up this weekend! I cannot wait!!!!!! I hope it will be as amazing as i am wanting it to be 😊 We also made pesto pasta for dinner which was delicious and we had Kalimotxos while we watched the movie. Kalimotxos are a Basque drink and they are coke and red wine. Now before you start judging this and thinking to yourself how gross this sounds, i have to tell you that it is actually very good. I thought the exact same thing when i first heard what it was. I was like "that sounds like the worst combination ever!" But it's actually very good and it has become many of our's drink of choice here in spain. They are also good if you put a little lime in them. Another popular Basque drink is Cidra. It is a vinegary cider that grows on you the more you drink it. The first time that i tried it i did not like it at all and i thought people were crazy for drinking it. However, after trying it again, i think that it is actually quite refreshing and good. The way you drink it is like a shot because you dont want the air bubbles to get out of it and it is a different but good, fresh taste. They also have very good wines in spain if you are into that kind of drink and specifically they have a bubbly white Basque wine called Txakoli, which is a popular favorite to drink with pintxos. I highly recommend trying each of these if you are ever in the Basque country in Spain because they are fully integrated as a huge part of their culture.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb