A fulfilled promise...well, almost...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
November 21st 2009
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So our friend Steven's roommate Jon (pronounce Yon) is spanish/basque and he is very cute. In fact, all of the girls in our program think he is cute. But he is hardly ever around because he is from Bilbao and he just goes to school in San Sebastian and on a lot of the weekends he goes home to Bilbao to be with his family because his dad is sick with cancer. Well one night we were all out hanging out and Steven made a promise to Kayla, Danielle, and me that Jon would cook us dinner in his chonies (boxers). It was a joke, but last night Jon did have us over for dinner. Although he was not wearing just his chonies... 😉 But he made us a spanish dinner that was absolutely amazing! He made us tortilla espanol which is a thick "tortilla" made of eggs, onions, and potatoes. It is really, really good. I really want to learn how to make it and be able to take the recipe home with me but it is very difficult to make. We also had mushrooms and onions that he had sauteed in white whine and then we had tomatoes in balsamic vinagrette with some salt and pepper. Oh and i almost forgot, we of course had bread as well. It wouldnt be a spanish meal without it! We dip the bread in a mix of olive oil and balsamic vinagrette and it is divine. I could eat it all day long, which is why you have to be careful here in spain. They really love their carbs and well lets just say that the carbs really love to you too. Most of the girls here are having a hard time because they have gained weight and can't fit into their jeans. But i think that a lot of it has to do with the lack of dryers in spain too, so nothing ever shrinks back. But anyways dinner was amazing and afterwards we ended up heading out to find a bar that we could play darts in. But they were all either closed or the games were taken so we just ended up hanging out and then going home and going to bed.

Today Meghan, Laura, Mia, Erin and me all planned our ireland trip that we are going to take over our long break in December. We bought our plane tickets and our bus tickets and i cant wait until we get to go! I am soooooo excited! I have always wanted to go to Ireland especially since my family is Irish.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb