Day 18 - Guildford, England to Mallorca, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca
September 4th 2006
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday September 4th, 2006
Day 18
Guildford, England to Mallorca, Spain

As it turned out, we didn't get much sleep as we had to be up at about 2:30am to get ready. Chris' mum was nice enough to drive us all the way out to Gatwick Airport (which I'm sure seemed to take longer than it actually did). We arrived at the airport at 3:30am, before check-in even opened, and before the other boys got there. So we sat there waiting, talking about random topics (as we had a habit of doing) making sure we didn't leave our bags unattended OR "they would be removed and destroyed" according to the recording that kept being repeated over the loud speaker.
The boys arrived about 25minutes later and we were able to check-in by this time. We then went and sat in a bar upstairs as we couldn't board for another hour and a half.
It was surprising how packed McDonalds was at this time in the morning, but the queues were way too long to wait so instead we had some breakfast at the pub (the boys had some beer, way too early for that for myself) then we walked around the shops and had a look. We finally boarded at 5:30am and we were on our way to Sunny Mallorca!
We arrived in Palma Mallorca (Spain's 3rd busiest airport) about 2hours and 20minutes later, Spain being an hour ahead we got in just after 9:20am local time. We waited around for a little bit for our luggage then made our way to the taxi rank. The taxi trip was about €50 and took us all the way past Palma and out to the villa just east of Santa Ponça.
The villa we were staying in was part of many named 'Residencial Mar Del Sur' and was part-owned by Adam's dad so we didn't have to pay anything to stay there. The people in the surrounding villas we lovely, the ones that were outside when we arrived all said hello.
The villa was AMAZING. I walked in and I think my jaw literally dropped, I could not believe we were getting to stay in this place for free for the next 10 days.
When you walked in there was a bedroom straight ahead, one to the left and one to the right. The all had their own ensuites and one had its own balcony.
Then, if you turned right you went down the staircase to the living room / kitchen / laundry / storage room / dining room and garage.
It then opened up onto a big balcony which led down to the pool and grassed area. If you walked up to the edge of the grassed area there was a fence that stopped you falling into the Mediterranean Sea as it was on the very edge of a cliff. The pool area was amazing, and it was so nice having the lounges around the pool area.
If you went upstairs to the bedroom that was straight ahead you got the view of the pool and of the ocean. After exploring the house and the rest of the area while watching the sun set we then lounged around on the couches watching TV, eating pizza and preparing ourselves for 9 more days of sunbaking, relaxing and partying.
Bliss.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 23; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb