beaches, sangria, and mopeds. I love Ibiza


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Ibiza
October 18th 2013
Published: November 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

2 days of beaches, sangria, sunny, warm weather, and amazing mopeds


When we first stepped off the plane that Thursday night, the warmth was exactly what we needed. We were quick to take off our London rain jackets and slowly walk to the terminal to take everything in that we are in Spain. While everyone at Harlaxton talked about their trip arrangements to Barcelona and how much it would cost, we decided to take a different route. Danika found a previous study abroad blog about Ibiza, Spain that explained how inexpensive and perfect this Island away was. We found extremely cheap flights their through RyanAir and Norweign Airlines so we booked it. This might have been our best money saving trip yet!



We arrived to our hotel that was located right on the side of the water. We wondered around outside till we found our building that help our room. There were multiple buildings for this one hotel that surrounded the pool area. Our room had a simple kitchenette, bathroom, dining area, two twin beds and the best part a balcony that overlooked the pool and a small portion of the ocean. This came to be the place we loved to sit at every night while drinking our sangria and fruit concoction we bought from the local market.

In the early morning we woke up to our continental breakfast and excitement to explore the city on our mopeds. Even though we had a little trouble actually finding the address to the rental place, we were excited and nervous for this experience. The drivers in Spain were a lot more calm than any of the others we have experienced so this made us feel a little bit more safe. The lady at the store showed us step by step on how to operate the vehicle except the part about how to stand the bike up which became a funny scene to see Danika and I lift the bike to kick the kickstand out, while the natives did it easily. Soon we were on our way exploring the Island. We took a few roads until we found a strip full of shopping and restaurants that we stopped at because we could see the beach behind it. We parked the mopeds and wondered around the beach. We had multiple times these days where we would just walk the beach or sit and people watch on the sand. It was so relaxing. We then decided we wanted to explore some more and we found a part of the island we would have missed without the mopeds.

We started a drive up a steep one way hill, which was full of twist and turns. We had not idea where we were going until we saw the castle at the top of the hill. Leave it to us to always find the castle on these trips. We parked our mopeds by a gate that we walked under to see that we were on a cliff. We walked around the cliff to the edge where we could see the crystal blue water and the perfect island. The pictures in this part does not do it justice but it was amazing! We stayed here for a while before we ventured our way back down the steep hill. We continued to ride our mopeds for the day before we decided to return them. We had a simple day of exploring and the next day consisted the same way of laying on the beach and playing in the sand, along with walking all the store fronts. It was a relaxing and much needed trip to celebrate the half way point of our study abroad experience. So many more memories came from this trip and we didn't see anything more than a beach such as amazing architecture or history. I recommend Ibiza and the moped experience to everyone!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb