Bonjour Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
November 13th 2013
Published: November 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The long weekend I have been waiting all semester for his finally here! With a Thursday off from classes I get to leave Wednesday night for the beautiful city of Paris. I have always dreamed of this city and never imagined I would have the opportunity to be in Paris. Wednesday dragged on with class but thankfully we had an easy and quick day of travel ahead of us. We hoped on a train to take us to London where we crossed the street to the international train station. We were taking the EuroStar to Paris. The EuroStar is the train that goes under the English Channel and takes you to the northern sector of Paris. We went through a typical airport security before waiting a half an hour for our train to be called. Here we boarded the train and we were off. It was just like a typical train ride except the extra amounts of ear popping. The train took 2 hours plus adding the extra hour for the time change. We walked out of the train station to see the tall apartment buildings and cafe's everywhere. We walked in a complete circle looking for our hotel but eventually gave in to calling a taxi. It did not help that this taxi driver had no idea where he was going. After 10 min in thee taxi and passing out hotel a few times we were finally there. We crashed on the bed ready for the our first day in Paris to begin!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb