Day 31 - Granada to Seville


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia
July 20th 2016
Published: July 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Morning tour of Granada which starts at the top of the hill over the city. We walk down through the tiny streets and look at all the white houses. They have legislated that all the houses must remain the same color - White.... This place is a real maze and would be so easy to get lost. Eventually we get to a square where we look back over the place we were at yesterday - Alhambra. Good to put into persepecrive the size of the place and how far we walked around it yesterday.

Down we go until we get to the main streets of Granada again. Then ABC. The cathedral here is quite amazing and has the tombs of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, two of Spain's major rulers back in the old times. We get a treat of Churros and hot chocolate to eat. Do some shopping, running out of t shirts so a couple of new ones To bolster the stocks and save on laundry.

On the bus heading to our next city - Seville. Short run today, only one stop on the way. Arrive at our hotel, and very nice rooms as well. Time for a quick rest and freshen up then back on the bus for our night out. Tonight we are treated to a Flamenco dance night. Dinner is included. We have been warned not to expect too much from the food but the show is meant to be excellent. Also warned to wait at our tables until the crowd has dispersed. Tour director tells us stories of how the Chinese are up and off and if anyone gets in their way, then they just shove past you.

The show starts netween entrees and the main. Wine is crap and the food is so so. Show is terrific though. Very active and we all get involved. Lots of ole's etc. Very energetic and by the end we are tired watching them. Sure enough the Chinese in front of us are up as soon as the curtain closes. They almost run to the doors. We sit and then we are told it is safe to go downstairs. They have a museum of the Flamenco so we do that.

Out to the street and wait for the bus then back to the hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.39s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb