weds and thurs


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia
October 17th 2008
Published: October 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday and Thursday were good. Wednesday I had school for 2 hours. I worked with my 4th grade science class on healthy diets and the food pyramid. We did some good activities and the class participated well. After school we made lunch as usual and then went on another hike around the city. After the hike we showered and Jessica came over for coffee and snacks. We had a nice time talking about spain, schools and teaching. After that we went to the library to work on lesson plans and stuff. We also booked a hostle because we are going to Granada this weekend. We came back to our apartment around 9:30 or so and started on dinner. We had lots of random left-overs so we just had a smorgasbord for dinner. We watched tv for a bit, some awful rendition of “American Idol” only Spanish haha. We talking in my room for an hour or so then we all retired for bed.
Thursday Rachel and I had to be at school to meet with the bilingual coordinator and we are working on planning a Halloween party for our school after that I had 6th grade English class. I prepared a game for the kids today cuz they have a test on Friday. I first went over usually, sometimes, never and always with them. They had to write sentences and talk about each others clothing. But of course they were playing soccer, jumping on desks, walking around…. No one was doing what they were supposed to, even when the teacher was in charge. Then we played my game-- it was to work on vocab of clothes and colors. Originally is was supposed to be like two teams and one person from each team came up to the board and then I would show the picture and they had to write the vocab word on the board and whoever finished first and was correct, that team got a point. Well… it turned in to one kid from each team was at the board and then I showed the picture to the teams and they played charades until the kid gets what the clothing item was. It was really funny and the kids were going crazy.
I met Rachel and Ceci after class and we walked around the city for a bit trying to find someone to help us with our internet problem, but of course no one knows whats going on and no one can help us. It is very frustrating. We went home and had a big lunch… and then we all fell asleep haha. After our naps we went to find out information about renting a car, because we thought about doing that for a weekend. Then we went to the dollar store to get some laundry baskets and what not. We then went to the library again to use Skype and check our email and everything else. I was working on some activities for my 3rd grace science class tomorrow. I think we are gonna be working on the eye. I have some games about senses too. After that we came home and fixed a really good dinner and watched some Spanish telenovela that is on every night. We are trying to catch up but we’re still lost haha. Then we got to packing since we are going to Granada tomorrow right after school. Hopefully we have good weather and fun activities for our weekend in Granada!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb