Saturday in Priego


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia
October 4th 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well today was another exhausting day. We woke up at 10 for breakfast... which was a major disappointment considering this beautiful 4 star hotel we are in... but whatever. I fell back asleep for about 40 minutes then showered and the taxi picked us up and took us back into the city. We had 4 hours till we had to meet another man to see his apartment for rent. so we walked alllllll over the city ( i mean every square inch) we visited the Fuente del Rey (fountain of the king) and saw a 6th century castle and then went to the very edge of the city which has a beautiful view where you can see for miles and miles.
we got bread and meat from the supermarket and fruit from a stand and had lunch in the main plaza. We met and toured the other apartment. it was the biggest we saw, but VERY old and dingy. The man had owned it for 20 years, and out of those 20 it had only been lived in for 1 year. it was dusty and not much light. so we thanked him and visited the public library, which wasnt big but it was nice for a small city. we finally decided that we really liked the first apartment we checked out. so we called and we get to move in on monday!
we walked around the city for a bit longer and checked out the neighborhood where we will be living. its more residential and quiet. there is a bread store and a little market near by. i will post pictures once we get moved in.
after that we met 3 people from other programs who are also teaching in spain. Erin is from New england, Aleks is from Poland and Evan is from Indianapolis (IN)! ha what are the odds of that! we actually know a few of the same people haha. so we talked in the plaza for a bit then got doner kababs for dinner-- they were delicious! we ate in the plaza and talke for a while, but then it got chilly. so we called Rafael our taxi driver to come get us. so he brought us back to the hotel and now im going to bed!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb