Day 26: Moving on


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia
December 1st 2018
Published: December 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we packed up again and hit the road. When we first were booking our trip out of Spain, we had agreed to spend one night in the city of Malaga and find a place to go dancing. However, with Shelby‘s recently sprained ankle and upcoming long hikes in both Uganda and Nepal, we had to veer right and change plans. We arrived at our hostel which was fantastically located in downtown Malaga near the water front and historic part of town. Shelby even got the penthouse room (which is our loving way of referring to the attic we shared with 8 other women, had 1 bathroom, a slanted ceiling that prevented me from being able to sit up in bed and required 87 steps ). Anywho, we decided to explore the city which was full of people. The waterfront was very entertaining with little shops, restaurants and an amazing art gallery space for people to eat, play and chill around. After a late snack and getting our car rental picked up at the hostel (not making the same mistake twice), we decided to explore the other direction. It was probably 7 PM when we ventured out and it was like an explosion of people occurred. Never have I ever seen more people. The city was now glowing in Christmas lights, music, tent shops and PEOPLE. Apparently we had stumbled across the lightning festival of Malaga. We spent the next 4 hours walking the streets, people watching and trying to make it all the way down the main drag. The ironic thing is I had been talking about how we’d be missing Christmas this year, but ever since London, Christmas has been chasing us and showing up in unexpected places. I will have experienced more Christmas spirit by mid December than at any point previously.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb