Days 23, 24, 25. Conil de la Frontera, Playa Fuente del Gallo and Vejer de la Frontera.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Vejer de la Frontera
June 11th 2017
Published: June 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

On Friday we visited one of the most beautiful of the Pueblos Blancos, Vejer de la Frontera. It's perched on a hillside at the end of a long winding hill climb, passing a white windmill on the way. With the aid of a map from tourist information and lots of hesitant english and very rapid crosses all over the map, we did more ascending, slowly in the rapidly rising temperatures and came upon a wonderful view from a promenade, lined with small restaurants, all beginning to set out their tables, chairs and umbrellas ready for lunch or just cafe con leches!! We came back to one for lunch after we'd meandered through all the delightful narrow winding streets of dazzling white buildings and, in the centre, a square, with a fountain of Spanish tiles and sheltered by palm trees a hotel and bars surrounding it. While walking, we'd suddenly come upon a beautiful entrance into a garden, crowded with pots full of bright geraniums, an old church with wonderful bell tower, or a magnificent view over the rolling hills and towards the Atlantic sparkling in the distance!!

Our meal was excellent, with views across to the white windmill and also, hang-gliders catching the thermals!!

Our last two days have consisted of sheltering from the very high temperatures-30 degrees+ during the day and looking forward to our early evening visits to our now, favourite beach, Fuente del Gallo, where it's always a sea of crashing waves and a lovely cooling breeze, where we've stayed until 8.30-9.00pm as it's so refreshing and the sun doesn't set until about 9.45pm.

We're glad to report the leaving of "Flash (Gordon)" from the pitch near us, so no more having to wear blinkers when descending the caravan steps!!! We have become fairly well acquainted with a British guy on his own who let slip today that he has tickets for two people for the ferry crossing.........we're wondering why? Has his missus disappeared, or just left him and gone home???!!!

Watch this space!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb