cordoba and carmona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
October 18th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another week has whizzed by at school and I’m getting more of a handle on what I’m supposed to be doing in my classes… I’m even starting to like the teenagers - well, a little bit anyway!

We’ve just had a long weekend and so enjoyed a few day trips with Tim and Silvia, 2 of the other teachers here who we get along really well with. We spent Saturday in Cordoba and visited the beautiful Mezquita and Alcazar (castle). It was very relaxing to stroll alongside the river and explore the narrow cobbled streets.

On Monday, we spent an afternoon in Carmona and ate lunch in one of the old castles… it was situated at the top of a hill and so overlooked the city - stunning views. We all had a delicious meal apart from Tim who ordered some duck in a pig’s trotter and didn’t realise that he would get a plate full of fat. We were all in hysterics as he moaned and complained about his measly dinner! He decided to take advantage of the all you can eat buffet dessert though and crammed his plate full with about 8 different puddings… he then had quite a sugar rush and spent the rest of the afternoon giggling away!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb