ole espana


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
September 15th 2005
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

i was told that seville is the ole capital of spain - and i reckon they're right!! it's a pretty cool place. i'll go back to granada though - that was pretty good too. we did end up getting to the alhambra - much easier than we thought it would be. we got up at 7ish and wandered up to stand in line to get in early. we got up there at 8ish and only had to wait for 20 mins before we were in!! much better than expected. we'd heard horror stories of people having to wait for 4 hours, then being told that the palace had already taken the maximum capacity for the day. lucky that didn't happen to us. well.... the alhambra is an amazing building. it is soooo intricately carved - it's extraordinary. it's also huge. i don't know how long it took to build but it must have been ages!! it was built in 711 - a few years ago!! the gardens there are also beautiful and very well maintained. other than the palace there isn't a whole lot to do in granada so we decided to splurge and treat ourselves to a bit of relaxation therapy!! we went to these hot roman baths, sooo nice and we got a massage there as well. aaah, heaven.
we got to seville a couple of days ago and have just been looking around the town and doing a spot of shopping. yesterday i went to plaza de espana - this really cool area in a park that has a semi-circle building with all these murals of the provinces of spain on it. it was really well done. last night was a great night too. we went to a flamenco show - down this dodgy alley way that opened out to a small plaza. it was a really cool place - that would usually have been a local hang out i think. anyway, this flamenco girl was amazing - so focussed in her dancing. there was a guitarist man too and a singer. he was pretty amazing as well - when he was singing it sounded like he was trying to ruin his voice - but i think that's the style. that's about it for now. off to the beach tomorrow - finally. should be good fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb