The start of our Unfortunate Events


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
June 29th 2006
Published: July 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

(Unfortunate event #1) The train from Valencia to Malaga was fully booked. So in the early morning, we bused our way to the main bus depot and took a 9-10hr bus instead. Our entertainment during this long ride was two girls that sat infront of us. We dubbed them 'porn stars' with their raspy voices, well done hair, breast implants and their interesting choice of travelling shoes - 4 inch stillettos. We arrived in Malaga, got on the city bus and the bus driver directed us to 'walk through the tunnel' to get to our hostel. Great, it was almost midnight and we have our packs on us and now we had to walk through some dark car tunnel. (#2) Our hostel lost our second nights reservation and in the meantime, shifted us into the 'overflow' apartment down the street for our first night stay.

We spent the next morning hunting for another place to stay, with no help from the first hostel. We visited the Picasso museum, as Malaga was apparently his birthplace. The afternoon was spent roasting ourselves in the sun and occasionally cooling off in the icy waters of the ocean. Our new hostel was much better and more comfortable than the first.

Hasta luego, Angele

Advertisement



22nd July 2006

counting unfortunate events.... this cant be good!
Atleast there is a happy ending to this one. Don't dwell on the bad, it was obviously meant to be. and 10hrs on a bus....ahh.... where are you Ireland? :) Cheers, Cathy

Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb