Torremolinos, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
April 14th 2006
Published: May 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Another early flight out of Gatwick and we were on our way to Malaga airport for our transfers to Torremolinos, one of the most popular tourist destinations of the Costa del Sol. I was looking forward to the possibility of getting some skin on my newly transparent skin. I tell ya, I can’t wait to get back home to Aus to get a bit of color on my bod!!
We stayed at a hotel not far from the beach, and after dropping off our gear, we all ventured out to get a drink and check out the Spanish coastline.
The sand was nice, considering many European beaches are pebbly and dark, and the water of the Mediterranean was beautifully clean and blue. Walking along the 'golden mile' of beach it is easy to understand why so many English people make a new life for themselves in Spain. It is very pleasant with loads to see and do, or if you prefer nothing but sun baking and enjoying a pina colada!
We took a boat cruise one morning, after Bea was promised we would see and be able to swim with dolphins, unfortunately we didn’t see much sea life, but gained an impressive perspective of the coastline. This whole strip of Spain has been developed heavily, yet it isn’t ugly. It is typically Mediterranean with white washed buildings and expensive yachts moored at the marinas.
We enjoyed some lovely seafood overlooking the water, and tasted the local wine Sangria. Liani and I managed to catch some sun and leave with a little more color than we arrived with!
The last night we played cards, and at Liani's suggestion, whoever lost a round had to remove one piece of clothing. Her plan backfired somewhat, as it was her sitting there butt naked by the end of the game. It’s amazing the effect of peach schnapps on one's comfortability!!!
We arrived home on the Tuesday after Easter and returned to work. Johan and Bea visited a friend in Bournemouth and then returned for one last night before their departure back home to South Africa. It was a whirlwind tour of Europe for them, covering four countries in two weeks. I hope they had as much fun as I did meeting and getting to know them.
Bea and I are now madly planning for our trip to South Africa next year to see the lions and their trip to Aus the following year for a bare boating holiday on the reef.
Adios!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 25; qc: 119; dbt: 0.1654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb