Malaga


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
January 22nd 2011
Published: January 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post




Although Malaga is apart of the mainland Spain, it was similar to the other two islands, the history really stood out. It was discovered over 2,000 years ago by the Philistines, and was conquered by the Greeks, the Romans, the Arabs, and ultimately the Spanish. We managed to see quiet a lot for only 3 hours. We saw A Bull Ring along with the museum. This museum had stuffed bulls, and pictures of original Matadors. The stadium is more of a training stadium, there are 25 games a year and most of the matadors go to Mexico, Venezuela, and mainland Spain. Then we saw a very old castle from the 14th century built by the Muslims. This castle is half original and half recreated. Most of the steps of the castle were destroyed but were rebuilt using original stones and bricks. From the castle you could see an infinite view of mountains, trees, houses, the ocean, and one of my favorites, the view of the football stadium. The museum although small had some interesting pieces, had different clothing of Spanish Army uniforms throughout the ages, different guns, cannons, swords, and pikes. Both artist Pablo Picasso and Antonio Banderas were both born on this tiny Island. It was amazing to be able to see the house that Picasso was born in. and at the end of the trip we saw a very exquisite Flamenco dancing performance. At this performance they served us wine which tasted like Maple syrup, cheese, ham, and garlic coated olives.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb