3 days in Malaga


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
November 28th 2018
Published: November 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our journey to Malaga was very good. The Easy Jet flight time was under 3 hours from Newcastle and we were surprised at our progress at both airports through check in, security and passport control. Malaga airport is very big and spacious but when we arrived in the evening it was eerily quiet with few incoming flights and passengers. It was easy to find the Line A bus stop and we travelled into Malaga centre, the Parque del Paseo, for 3 Euros each.

Then it was a short walk to our hotel Teatro Romano close to the Roman amphitheatre and at the foot of the magnificent Alcazaba. We celebrated our arrival with a vegetarian meal at El Vegetariono de Alcazabilla. Excellent food at reasonable prices.

Next day we pottered around the Malaga streets then enjoyed a visit to Malaga Cathedral. Later in the afternoon we visited the Alcazaba the former residence of the Arab Emirs of Malaga. There were lot of steps but it was well worth the climb to see the whole site.

Later in the afternoon we made the steep climb up to the entrance of the Castille de Gibralfaro (Malaga Castle). The views from the castle ramparts were spectacular. The castle was built in the 14th century with formidable high and thick walls.

In the evening we decided to have some tapas and Uvedoble on Calle Cister was a very good restaurant..

The next day we decided to visit The Museo de Malaga. What a good choice this was This museum is housed in the Palacio de la Aduana the old customs house. The archaeological collection is just superb. This takes the visitor through the history of Malaga from ancient times to the present. There are so many interesting pieces that you can easily spend a couple of hours here.

On our final day we had a pleasant walk in the sunshine along the bay to the marina then along the coastline for a couple of hours where we found a nice restaurant overlooking the beach. We had grilled sardines washed down with beer and wine before we made our way to the airport for our evening flight back to the UK.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb