Sightseeing in Seville


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
November 29th 2018
Published: November 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The train journey from Malaga to Seville was excellent. we took the slow train for 35 Euros return. not bad for a 3 hour rail trip. The scenery from Malaga to Seville was initially stunning as we climbed into the mountains across gorges with great views of river valleys. we passed through some long tunnels and finally the terrain became flatter with lots of olive plantations. We got off at St Bernardo station in Seville. it is easy from here to get on a tram for 1:40 Euro to Plaza Nueva in the centre of Seville. This was a short stroll away from our hotel, Las Casas de los Mercaderes.

Next day we started with a visit to Seville Cathedral. This is a huge edifice and extremely spacious inside. There was so much to admire both inside and outside .The workmanship and skill of the people who built the cathedral and tall the art work and sculptures was awesome.

Later we meandered along the streets of Seville. These are very twisty and it is easy to get lost but there are so many things to see. There are lots of old churches, old buildings with interesting features such as painted wall tiles and small plazas with character. We walked to the Murillo Gardens then on to the Plaza de Espana. It was good to sit here in the afternoon sun watching the horse drawn carriages pass by. Our evening meal was .at Augustine's restaurant

The followingday we queued to see the Alcazar which was well worth a visit. Only 3 Euros for me as a pensioner but 11 Euros for Val!

There were some wonderful ancient buildings to admire and the gardens were superb. In the evening we walked down to the river across the bridge and into the Triana district. After some wine and tapas it was time to go to Teatro Triana for a flamenco show. This was a wonderful show.

On our final day we visited the Museo de Belles Artes an exhibition of Spanish art in a beautiful old house. Then it was time to catch our train back to Malaga.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb