Travel Day


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Huelva » Ayamonte
May 1st 2014
Published: May 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Travel days can be tedious but we prefer to look at them as an adventure full of interesting and entertaining people and places and occurrences. This day was no exception.

We left Don Peque Hostel by 6:20a.m. in order to walk to the bus stop in time to catch our bus. We knew we wanted to go further than west of Seville, somewhere near the Spain/Portugal border. We have reservations for Albufeira, Portugal, for May 3 so we just needed to find a place for a couple of days. We thought about Huelva or Lepe but didn't know about the bus connections. So we will figure it out at the bus station in Seville.

While traveling from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic Coast we went over mountains and through farmland where there was miles and miles of orange groves, strawberry fields, and olive groves.

So there we were riding along on a bus in Spain heading to Portugal with very few people who speak English. We had to smile when on the radio came a song from our childhood, "I Get Around" by the Beach Boys. Who would have thought we would hear a song like that so far away from home. Maybe it is a small world afterall!

We got to talking with a couple from Ireland who suggested we go to Ayamonte. It is a nice town on the border with nice beaches. Well that sounded good to us and happily when we got to Seville we discovered there was a bus going there in a few hours. So that decision was made .

Now where to stay. So we found a WIFI at a cafe across the street from the bus station, hooked into expedia.com, found a place that looks good and is near the beach at a reasonable price. So we booked it and hoped for the best.

We had a bit of a problem when we got to Ayamonte, there were no taxis available because it was a festival day. So someone on the bus talked with our driver and he received permission to take us all to the beach area. Whew, a close one.

Then we had a hard time finding the apartment (condo really) office. Finally just before they closed we found them, got our keys and off to the room. And the room turned out to be great. The beach was beautiful, the apartment cute, clean quiet, and a nice pool. Whew, another close one.

We were tired, hungry, and thirsty but pleased with the way the day had turned out. So we ended the day with beer and a great seafood dinner at a restaurant near our new place(for a few days).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb