Granada's Gifts


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
October 2nd 2021
Published: October 5th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Food is everything we are. It's an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, your grandma. It's inseparable from those from the get-go. Anthony Bourdain The day started easy enough in Valencia. We hailed a taxi and headed toward the railway station. We claimed our Prius and slowly pulled away from the lovely city of Valenc... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Serene BeautySerene Beauty
Serene Beauty

Cathedral de Granada
Intricate carvingsIntricate carvings
Intricate carvings

Nasrid Palace



5th October 2021

Granada’s gifts
What a lovely visit you richly deserved after the challenging start! I’ve often been amazed at your “perfect” travels so now I know —-it isn’t always perfect ha ha! But the views and food certainly soothe body and soul.
5th October 2021

Granada’s gifts
Marsha the trips are not always perfect but we are fortunate to travel and don’t want to whine. This time was frustrating because of no air conditioning on a hot day. We were just about ready to tell them we were going to a hotel when she got it working. It ate up a lot of time. They should turn it on before guest arrive. Now Dave has driven the wrong way on one way streets in Italy and Spain. The rest of the time in Granada was great.
5th October 2021

Granada - under its’ spell.
Spain has a certain magic of its own, always best experienced on foot on delightful narrow streets such as those you experienced! You are braver than us: we are still confining our travel to the UK. Travel safely.
5th October 2021

Under its spell
Indeed the tiny streets were intended for walking. Brave or foolish here we are. I will say many Spaniards have been vaccinated and are wearing mask. It is good being out again.
5th October 2021

Parking in Granada ?
Yup, it's tough to get a parking spot. The city streets developed homogeneously over centuries for pedestrians and horses. The Alhambra is wonderful, the stonework, so ornate. My favourite city in Southern Spain is Cordoba, if you can fit in it's just sumptuous.
5th October 2021

Parking
We laugh at the streets that do allow cars to park as you have to be skilled to drive on them. We will hit Cordoba on our next trip.
6th October 2021

Brutus is back
Brutus is oh so lucky to be back on his travels again. Sydney is still in lockdown after, compared to the rest of the world, not that many Covid cases and deaths. SO we're desperate to get onto a plane once more even if it's only for an interstate visit. Great to hear about your adventures, see the gorgeous photos of places you've visited and food you've tasted which makes my mouth water! Cheers!!
6th October 2021

Brutus is back
You can imagine how wonderful it feels to be on the road again. We hope you can do some domestic and international travel very soon. Travel fills the soul. Thank you for reading and commenting.
7th October 2021

So happy you are enjoying your travels...
.... and glad you enjoyed Valencia. If you haven't already discovered the fixed-price lunch menu (and sometimes even in the evening), keep an eye out for them as they can often be half the price of the same dish/es from the main menu and usually have two, three or four dishes for the fixed price. They also often a glass of good local wine as part of the meal.
7th October 2021

Happy enjoying our travels
The fixed price menu’s are a good deal. We really enjoy the local wines. We’ve never been impressed with any of the Spanish wines that are imported to the U.S. so we’ve been pleasantly surprised.
8th October 2021

It is a nice and informative blog, thanks for sharing such wonderful and useful information with us.
It is a nice and informative blog, thanks for sharing such wonderful and useful information with us.
10th October 2021

Food
The food looks amazing, especially that large chorros and melted chocolate. What a great city Granada is! And great you met up with your friend. What a great blog! The issues you encountered whilst travelling are what makes your adventure story, hopefully now you can look back and see the funny side.
11th October 2021

Food
The foods have been wonderful. Yes, we will laugh about Dave driving on one ways and pedestrian streets. We hope cameras didn't see us as we'd hate to have a ticket waiting on us when we get home.
11th October 2021

Back to travel
Hello Dave and Merry Jo, you are so fortunate to be back to travel! Granada has been on my list for quite some time, we'd love to take a big road trip around Spain some day, though we'd have to watch out for those pedestrian roads you had an adventure on! I hope you continue to have safe and fulfilling travel experiences abroad, and get those jiggles out (as I often say to my children haha.) Hugs! -Jennifer
11th October 2021

Back to travel
We are having great fun and making memories-- especially on the pedestrian streets. LOL. We hope you get here soon as there is so much to see. Thanks for commenting. More blogs soon. We are currently in Portugal.
15th October 2021

Granada is grand
Thanks for even sharing the drive down the pedestrian street. The name of the hammam sounds suspect; were you surrounded by all men at that facility? lol
15th October 2021

Granada is Grand
The baths were both men and women. It was fantastic. We are having an adventure. Thanks for reading and commenting.
16th October 2021

Mas o menos
I think you are more like me, even if things aren't going so well you still see glass half full. At least a wine glass full. Oh and those free tapas, me and my friend Winnie got our fill in Granada. We could barely walk up the hill to the Alhambra. Then they'd hit us with an creamy ice cream on the way back down. I was mesmerized by the Moorish tile work and dream of a kitchen reno one day. Safe travels!
16th October 2021

Mas o menos
We will tell more stories along the way. They do make it more interesting. The hill to the Alhambra is no joke. Dave thinks we should get 3-1 steps on my fit bit. ... and I'd never try that right after eating! Ice cream can solve a lot of issues. Thanks for commenting.
29th October 2021

Beautiful Granada
Ah, I love Granada, I have many memories of the city. Sorry to hear of your troubled arrival, but I think you are right, it's a part of the travelling experience. I've had a few similar days on my travels too! I love the "precaucion" traffic sign! And more amazing food, I also like the tapas culture of Spain when you order a drink ?
29th October 2021

Beautiful Granada
Bumps along the way are all part of the travel experience..... plus its makes you wiser. The foods are a delight and I do enjoy the tapas. I wish that would catch on in the U.S.
9th November 2021
Night View of Alhambra

Tickets to Alhanmbra were sold out
A few years ago I went to Spain for a week. One of the places I then wanted to go to was Alhambra. But I then learned that I should have booked the tickets a month or so in advance. When I tried to book they were sold out. I didn't dare to go there and try my luck in the morning so I eventually decided not to go to Grenada at. But it is high on the agenda next time we go to Spain. Caminito del Rey is another place that I wanted to go to on that trip but where tickets were sold out when I showed up. That's also high on the agenda for next time we go to Spain. /Ake
10th November 2021
Night View of Alhambra

Alhambra sold out
It is one of those places you need to arrange for tickets in advance. Fortunately, right now not many people are traveling so you only have to book a few days in advance. We loved going to the Palace at night. Granada is a nice town.

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 15; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb