I do like to be beside the seaside


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Fuengirola
April 12th 2014
Published: May 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Taking the cheap and quick 45 minute train journey along the coast to Fuengirola was a perfect way to spend a hot Saturday. The trains are clean, air conditioned and efficient. The town has a reputation like the whole of the Costa del Sol for being naff, yet this lovely little town has clawed its way back from those 1970’s images of Brits abroad. Short walk through the town took me to the wide street and promenade that stretches next to the sea. Beautiful beaches, endless benches and a lovely long sweeping view of the coastline meant it was a pleasure to walk miles up and down. The harbour was filled with boats, bars and music, frequent beer stops were essential to make the most of it. Glorious weather meant I wanted to explore a little more so heading away from the seafront and back into the town I wandered around all the little streets and parks, found far too many British people watching English football and eating English food at all the outside bars …so decided to join in with a tuna and onion toastie and a Manchester city game. Heading back down to the beach area I got the little land train which did an hour circular route of the town, taking in some of the further stretches of beach area and further into the town towards the old market hall. By the time I returned to Malaga it was mid evening, another glorious day in Spain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb