Madrid to Córdoba


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
May 30th 2005
Published: June 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Took the high speed train (AVE - Alta Velocidad Española) from Madrid to Córdoba this morning. Goes really fast, and only took about 1 hour and 40 minutes. (Don´t know how long it would take by car or bus, but I think the distance by road is about 360 kms). The countryside was mainly rolling hills and it seemed pretty empty, - no great mountains, or rivers to be seen (but I suppose if you are building a fast train track you would want to avoid those sorts of things.) A lot of trees, can´t say if they were olives, but probably were as Spain is the biggest producer of olive oil in the world.

Getting from the train station to the hostel was not a fast journey. The hostel is in the old Jewish part of Córdoba with narrow streets that all look the same ... But made it in the end. (I swear my backpack is getting heavier ...)

Went for a walk around the town, aside from the old parts of the city there are the usual shops, department stores etc. Great that the shops are open a bit later than at home because I would have not been walking to them between 12 noon and 4pm, it is pretty hot. Even walking back to the hostel about 6:30pm or 7pm one of those temperature display things on the side of a buiding said it was about 31 degrees Celcius.

Got back to the general area of the hostel in the old Jewish part of town, and only went around in a circle once this time! (At least I wasn´t carrying my backpack.)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb