Tour de Slovinia


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
June 6th 2017
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After an easy day one, riding though the flat Llubljana march to Vrhnika, day two was a little more challenging with an uphill climb and gravel forestry roads which resulted in my first puncture. After a quick repair at the bicycle shop in Logatec we still arrived at our hotel in plenty of time to visit the Postojana Cave. Spectacular! Water flowing the limestone for over 3 million years created this network off interconnected caves. Over 20 km have been discovered to date. The well orchestrated tour starts with a 15 min train ride through the natural tunnels and a maze of magnificent stalactites and stalagmites and continues into a cathedral where the ceiling of the middle system had collapsed. Google it for better pictures than I could take. I've been in several limestone caves but Postojana is the most impressive!

Day 3 began with a ride to Predjama castle built at the entrance to another cave. We made good use of our rain gear today and are now waiting for dinner cooked by our hosts who also own a winery and the Hisa poselsne sorte in Kodreti, highly recommended.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb