Slovenia Day 10


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
September 16th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 Rakov Skocjan to Cerkno

Today the sun shone on us.

Last night we looked at the weather forecast and saw it was due to rain during the afternoon. As a result we decided that if it was poor we would take a short cut from Idrija. Some had decided to do this regardless, either to save the legs or to visit the silk and the mercury mining museum in Idrija. As it was nice 12 of us had a nice lunch in the pleasant town of Idrija and then headed up the rather pleasant valley to 710m before a 7km stone track descent -hairy- especially when you meet lorries racing up towards you with little room to spare. Once at the bottom it was a nice steady run alongside two rivets to Cerkno for the night. A very pleasant day in glorious weather and a first class hotel, used for skiers in winter. I fell of last Monday looking round to check all were present. My shoulder and chest are still bruised and painful but the painkillers and anti inflammatory tablets are doing the trick in the daytime but night time is bad. Looking forward to some improvement soon. Jumping holes and gaps in these dirt roads don't help either.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.464s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb